August 21, 2012
The JP Music Festival is back for its second year and will happen on Saturday, September 8, 2012. The festival features musicians who live or work in Jamaica Plain. This year’s amazing line-up at the JP Music Festival is as diverse as JP, with genres including funk, jazz, Mexican, classical, hip-hop, rock, Americana, folk, dance, punk, pop, and metal.
A 75-minute mix tape featuring most of the performers can be heard on Soundcloud.
The 2012 line-up features:
• Almost Righteous
• Rick Berlin with the Nickel & Dime Band
• Eamonn Bonner
• Bob Bradshaw
• Dennis Brennan
• Select Members of the Cambridge Symphony Orchestra
• Coyote Kolb
• Lauren DeRose
• Amelia Emmet & Thick Wild
• The Fully Celebrated
• Gracious Calamity
• Jamaica Plain Symphony Orchestra
• The Late Greats
• Lenny Lashley’s Gang of One
• Pepe Gutierrez ‘El Tapatio’ y Mariachi Mexamerica
• Morris and the East Coast
• The Needy Visions
• Riding Shotgun
• Rocky Nook
• Streight Angular
• The Whiskey Boys
We’ll also have food trucks on-site available as of 11 AM, activities for kids, music merchandise, and a bike rack for anyone who would like to lock up.
Kids activities include…
• an instrument petting zoo with violin, electric bass electric, guitar, trombone, clarinet, and more!
Last year we had more than 1,200 people attend!
With car parking extremely limited, we encourage everyone to carpool, walk, bike, or take mass transit: best T options include the Orange Line’s Stonybrook stop or the number 39 bus, exiting at South Huntington Avenue at Perkins Street. Bike racks will be provided.